Train Logo

Ravinia Neighbors Association Blog

Welcome to RNA’s Blog Page which features articles from Ravinia writers. Although articles are chosen in accordance with topics we feel are relevant to Ravinia and of possible interest to our readers, RNA does not necessarily endorse the opinions put forth in the blog posts. If you would like to comment on any articles put forth in the blogs, please use the comment box that follows each post.

Ravinia History - Club Formed in Ravinia in 1911 by Local Woman to Promote Education

Saturday, June 08, 2013

By Nancy Webster, Archivist - Highland Park Historical Society

In 1911, 16 women met to discuss the need for a women's organization in Ravinia. (Although Highland Park annexed Ravinia in 1899, the club and other inhabitants continued to use "Ravinia, Illinois" on stationery and letters.) After considering the name Educational Club, Mesdames White, Falch, Griswold, Wonser, Buck, Brown, Ebeling, Wilder, Leaming, Bott, Bergman, Fearing, Carr, Chinlund , Greig and Seymour decided on Woman's Civic Club of Ravinia. Lettie Wagner Buck served as first president. Men were not excluded. Read More